Tackling the root cause
You might think the easy way to deal with that grease smell is to use a fabric freshener, but this will only get you so far. While it may initially help to mask the odor, you’ll ultimately need to tackle the root of the problem in order to get that stubborn grease smell out of clothes. Only using a method that thoroughly cleans the fabric, rather than just covers up the scent, will actually remove the grease smell from your clothes! Fortunately, you can do just that with Persil® ProClean® products and a few tips and tricks. Read on to find out how to get rid of these cooking smells from your clothes.
How to remove grease smell from clothes: Step-by-step
Follow these steps for fresh smelling, grease-free clothes:
- Inspect your clothing for any grease stains. Act as quickly as possible after cooking – the longer you leave it, the more chance the grease odor has to develop!
- Blot the stains with a clean, damp cloth to get rid of any excess grease. Never rub, as this will work the stain deeper into the fabric.
- Pre-treat the stains with a small amount of an appropriate detergent.
- Wash at the highest temperature that’s recommended for the fabric (check the laundry symbols on the care label).
- Check your clothes again and give them a good sniff after washing. If the greasy odor persists, repeat the process.
Choosing the right detergent
Selecting the appropriate detergent for the job is crucial for getting the grease smell out of clothes. In this case, it’s a good idea to double up on the detergent and use both Persil® Stain Fighter and Persil® Odor Fighter. With its deep clean technology, Stain Fighter is ideal for pre-treating tough stains like grease. Afterwards, use Odor Fighter for the main washing cycle. The odor-eliminating technology featured in this detergent penetrates deep into the fabric in order to neutralize bad odors, making it the perfect antidote to grease smells.