Workout clothes can make you look and feel great as you exercise, keeping you comfortable and dry. This specialized clothing is generally designed to have breathable membranes or microfibers to help keep you cool. With each use, these pieces, such as leggings, jogging shorts, jackets, and performance wear, collect sweat and can often get stinky. Workout clothes can also be a sizable investment, so it’s important to take good care of them to maximize their lifespan. Persil® ProClean® is here to help!
Follow these steps to keep your workout clothes fresh and clean.
- Before washing your workout clothes, read the product care labels to determine the safest way to wash.
- Turn your workout clothes inside out to protect the colors of the clothes. Close any zippers before proceeding.
- When washing, select the easy-care or delicate washing cycle. The wash temperature will vary depending on your garments.
- Here are a few detergent options we recommend using when washing your workout clothes: Persil® ProClean® Original Discs™ or liquid detergent, Persil® ProClean® Odor Fighter liquid detergent, Persil® ProClean® Stain Fighter Discs™ or liquid detergent.
- Stay away from fabric softener when washing to avoid breaking down the elastic fibers that give workout clothes their stretch.
To dry, hang on coat hangers and pull into shape. In the case of fabrics that can be dried in the dryer, select a low temperature.