How To Clean Bras and Underwear
Caring for bras and underwear properly can extend the life of your undergarments. These delicates require special care and handling to make sure they stay fresh and clean. While bras and underwear are both types of undergarments, the cleaning routines they require differ from one another.
How To Clean Bras
Because bras come in so many different forms, they require special attention and care. Some types of bras, such as wireless sports bras, are more wash-cycle friendly than other types of bras.
First and foremost, it’s important to read and adhere to the care instructions on your bras for the best results.
In some cases, it may make sense to hand wash and air dry your bras. In many cases, it is safe to machine wash your bras with special care. If washing your bras in a washing machine, follow these simple steps for fresh, clean, stain-free bras.
- Always “hook” your bras before adding to the washer. This will prevent your bras hooks or clasps from snagging on other pieces in your wash load.
- Wash bras in their own load. This will allow you to tailor your wash cycle to these unique delicates. You can also place bras in a mesh lingerie bag for additional protection in the washer.
- Use an effective laundry detergent that is gentle on skin. We recommend Persil® ProClean® Sensitive Skin liquid detergent, which is dye free, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and gentle on skin.
- Air dry your bras for best results.
How to Clean Underwear
Practicing good hygiene means washing your underwear regularly and thoroughly. Underwear boasts a variety of different fabrics, so it’s important to read the wash instructions carefully to minimize shrinking and extend the life of these delicates.
- Wash your underwear in their own load and select a wash cycle based on the care instructions on your most delicate underwear.
- Use a stain-fighting, odor-fighting laundry detergent, like Persil® ProClean® Original liquid or Disc detergents.
Air dry your most delicate underwear. For underwear that can be machine dried, dry on the lowest setting.