How To Teach Your Children How To Do The Laundry
Imagine having help from your kids as you do laundry throughout the week. It’s worth a try, right? Teaching your children how to do the laundry keeps them learning, and helps them take ownership and responsibility in your home.
Here are 5 easy steps to teaching your children how to do the laundry. Remember, like all cleaning products, laundry detergents should be kept out of reach of children.
- Start with laundry sorting. Invite your children to bring all of their dirty laundry together in one spot. Then, give them the task of separating the pile into whites, lights, darks and delicates.
- If your children are able to read, invite them to read the care instructions for 2 -3 pieces of laundry in each pile. Use this opportunity to explain the role of sorting laundry with them as each pile will typically require a different wash cycle.
- Now it’s time to break down laundry detergent. Have your children watch as you educate them on the proper handling of laundry detergent. To do this, add Persil® liquid detergent to your laundry load according to the instructions on the product label. Emphasize that laundry detergent is not a toy and should ONLY be used in the washer machine. Be sure to store and keep the detergent out of reach and sight of children
- Finally, select a wash cycle according to the care instructions and explain to your kids why you’re doing this.
- Round off this laundry moment with a family photo and thank your kids for their help.
- Set expectations for how you would like them to contribute to the laundry moving forward.
Have you taught your children how to do the laundry? We want to hear from you! Reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at @PersilProClean to share your story with us.